Your iPhone is misplaced or Has it been lost? Has it been stolen? Whatever the problem, Find My iPhone will assist you to search out it.
Your options include using Apple’s Find My app (previously known as Find My iPhone), an Apple Watch, iCloud, or a member of the family’s iPhone or iPad to find your missing device.
How To Enable the ‘Find My’ App
On an iPhone with iOS 13 or higher, you can use the Find My app.
- Go to Settings
- Select [Your name]
- Click Find My
- Find My iPhone and ensure Find My iPhone and Send Last Location are both turned on.
The Find My app comes with the added bonus of monitoring your device’s location even when it is offline. In order for you this functionality, be sure to activate Enable Offline Finding.
How to use
There may be additionally the Discover My iPhone app that you should utilize to find a misplaced iPhone. Right here is how the app works.
- Open the Find My iPhone app in your device.
- Alternatively, you can use the Apple device of one of your members in the Family Sharing group or another Apple device.
- Use your iCloud ID to log in.
- After you have logged in, click on the All Devices choice present on the top of the display screen. You must be capable to see the devices linked to your iCloud ID.
- Tap on the device that you simply need to monitor. It can present you the current location of your device on the map or will show the final identified location earlier than the device was turned off.
- When you’ve chosen a device, you will be shown the options Play Sound, Directions, Notifications, Mark As Lost, and Erase This Device on the bottom.
- Choose the choice that fits your requirements.
Using Find my iPhone on the Web
- Open any web browser and launch iCloud.com.
- Enter your credentials to log into your iCloud account.
- In the primary menu, click on the Find iPhone.
- You could be required to sign in using your Apple ID and password. Achieve this if prompted.
- Click on the All Devices choice on the top to see the list of devices associated along with your account.
- Click on the device that you want to monitor.